The profound musical gifts of Harry Nilsson are on full display in THE RCA ALBUMS COLLECTION. This deluxe 17-CD box set, available now, presents Nilsson’s definitive 14 U.S. albums from RCA. Bonus material on those albums add up to 65 tracks, of which 26 are previously unreleased. Adding to the box set’s historical provenance are three newly-compiled CDs containing 58 tracks, of which an additional 29 tracks are previously unreleased.
The first official vinyl reissue of the Popeye soundtrack, with music and lyrics by Harry Nilsson, will be released this Friday, November 25 exclusively for Record Store Day. The soundtrack features vocals by Robin Williams, Shelly Duvall and Ray Walston, and this reissue also features two previously unreleased score cues from the film, sourced from original analog stereo master tapes.
1. “I Yam What I Yam” Performed by Robin Williams (Popeye)
2. “He Needs Me” Performed Shelly Duvall (Olive Oyl)
3. “Sweet Pea’s Lullaby” Performed by Robin Williams
4. “Rough House Fight” – Studio Orchestra
5. “Din’ We” Performed Robert Fortier (Bill Barnacle – the Town Drunk)
6. “Sweethaven” Performed by The Citizens of Sweet Haven
7. “Blow Me Down” Performed by Robin Williams (Popeye)
1. “Sailin'” Performed by Shelly Duvall (Olive Oyl) and Robin Williams (Popeye)
2. “It’s Not Easy Being Me” Performed by Ray Walston (Poopdeck Pappy)
3. “He’s Large” Performed Shelly Duvall (Olive Oyl)
4. “I’m Mean” Performed by Paul L. Smith (Bluto)
5. “Kids” Performed by Ray Walston (Poopdeck Pappy)
6. “I’m Popeye the Sailor Man” Performed by Robin Williams (Popeye)
7. “End Title Medley” – Studio Orchestra